Recipes - Breakfast
- Preparation time 10 minutes
- Cooking time 10 minutes
Lemon Hotcakes with Maple Rashers
Recommended by Denny
This zesty american style breakfast is ready in no time and gives you the perfect balance of sweet and savoury perfect for a lazy weekend.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3 tbs caster sugar
- 1 tbs baking soda
- 1 egg
- 45g melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 15g butter
- Maple syrup / honey
- 10 Maple Denny Rashers, grilled
- Grill the Denny Rashers.
- Mix the flour sugar and baking soda in a bowl.
- Mix the egg, butter, milk, lemon juice and rind and then add to the flour mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick pan with butter.
- Cook over medium heat for 1 – 2 mins on each side until brown.
- Serve with grilled Denny Maple Rashers and maple syrup.