Ahhhh the omlette, both healthy and nutritious, filling us with protein to get us through the day. The great thing about an omlette is it’s perfect to be eaten any time of day and you can tailor it to include your favourite ingredients!
Our recipe is a classic omlette with of course our most beloved ham but feel free to experiment yourself!
This serving is suitable for one:
- One slice of Denny Ham
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- A handful of grated cheese
- 20g of unsalted butter
How to cook guide:
- Lightly beat eggs with a small whisk or fork to just combine. Season with a little salt and pepper. Stir in chives, ham and cheese.
- Heat butter in a 20cm non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. When it starts to foam, add egg and shake pan to distribute, gently stirring with the underside of a fork. As egg begins to cook at the edges, use the fork to draw cooked egg in towards the centre (without breaking up), allowing the uncooked egg to run out towards the edge.
- After 30 seconds, the egg should be just set but still soft. (You want a soft, creamy centre without too much liquid - it will keep cooking once it's removed from the heat.) Add fillings down the centre of the pan, then use the fork or a spatula to fold one side of the omlette over the filling. Hold a warmed plate next to pan, then tilt pan at an angle and slide omlette onto the plate fold-side down.
That’s one tasty and filling meal sorted! If you have any other recipe ideas for Denny, just let us know!
Team Denny ☺