This heart-warming comfort dish is the ultimate crowd pleaser. It’s not only quick and easy to make, it’s an excellent budget-friendly option to keep the family satiated.
This list of ingredients is based on feeding four people so you can adapt it depending on whether it’s just for you or for the whole house.
You will need:
For the sausages
- 8 Denny Gold Medal Skinless Pork Sausages
- 3 tablespoons Rapeseed oil
For the gravy
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 litre Beef gravy
For the potatoes
- 6 large floury potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cup warm milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Place the potatoes in a pan, and add enough water to cover. Bring to the boil, and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, leaving the potatoes in the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat the cooking oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Prick the sausages in a few places with a fork, and place them into the pan. Cook, turning often, until golden brown. Remove from the pan and allow to sit on kitchen roll.
- Using the same frying pan, add the onions. Cook and stir over medium heat until the onions are golden, but still crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the gravy and heat through.
- Stir the warm milk and butter into the potatoes. Mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, scoop the potatoes onto a large serving plate. Arrange the sausages over the potatoes, top with the onions and gravy, and sprinkle with parsley.