If you’re looking for a little inspiration on how to use up all of that leftover turkey after Christmas, look no further than our delicious turkey curry recipe, full of flavour and suitable for all the family. This recipe serves 4 people.
You Will Need:
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp garam masala (mild curry powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed in pestle and mortar
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1x 400g (14oz) can coconut milk
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp cornflour diluted in 1 tbsp cold water
- 450g leftover roast turkey cubed
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- Pinch of crushed chilli flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fresh parsley or coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for about 7 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Stir in the garlic, spices and ginger. Add salt and pepper, stir and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stock and honey and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the diluted cornflour and ground almonds. Add the turkey and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook only for a minute or two until it wilts.
- Serve with rice, garnished with fresh coriander or parsley and a sprinkling of chilli flakes.