Sliced slider rolls are nestled in a baking dish, topped with ham, Swiss cheese and mustard, topped with a mustard-butter-Dijon mixture, then baked for a gooey and indulgent summer sambo
9 mini slider buns
12 slices roast ham
6 slices Emmental, Gruyère, Gouda or Provolone
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
120g butter, melted
1 tbsp onion powder
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Cut the rolls in half and place the bottom halves in a baking dish so they fit snugly. Spread the mayonnaise over.
- Layer over the ham, then top with the cheese. Top with the top half of the buns.
- In a bowl, whisk together the poppy seeds, mustard, melted butter, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Line a large square baking dish with two layers of tin foil at opposite angles, leaving plenty of excess. Place the rolls inside.
- Pour the sauce over the rolls. Wrap up firmly with the tin foil and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Place on the barbecue for 10-15 minutes until the tops are slightly browned and crisp. Serve warm.