These French toast-wrapped sausages are perfect for creative dipping!
8 Denny Gold Medal Sausages
8 slices of bread, white or wholemeal, crusts removed
Salt and black pepper
Butter, for cooking
Honey cinnamon butter (100g butter + 2 tbsp honey + ½ tsp cinnamon)
- Cook the sausages under the grill until browned all over.
- Flatten the slices of bread by rolling with a rolling pin.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and some salt and pepper.
- Starting at one end, roll each sausage up in a piece of bread.
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter.
- Dunk each roll into the egg, coating it completely. Shake off any excess, then place in the pan. Repeat with the remaining sausage roll-ups, working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan. Turn the roll-ups with tongs as they cook until browned on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and drain briefly on kitchen paper.
- Serve the French toast roll-ups with honey cinnamon butter, maple syrup or tomato ketchup, or any other dipping sauce you like!